Saturday, December 18, 2004

I've not blogged in a while. The backspace key has been put to much use. I start a rant about something and delete it. Some funny thing happens, I write it, as I write it, I find it ridiculously less funny, and I delete it. I share some piece of my heart, decide it's too personal for the world wide web, and delete it. Wel, I figured I'd say something, something to keep the blog alive, so to speak. So, today I'll just say what's on my mind after my quiet Bible reading/prayer time...

Personally, I feel as though my life is on the up and up. My faith is stronger now than it was a year ago, I hunger for God's Word like never before, I'm aware, daily, that I have a few areas of pride I must address, there's a renewed confidence within me I didn't realize I was capable of, my life-perspective has become more eternal and less temporary. Some of my circumstances have been difficult, but I feel content in spite of them. A lot of my hopes and dreams have been dashed, but I have found myself hoping more in the Lord and less in circumstance. As difficult as things have been, I've got a lot to hope for, and a heck of a lot to be thankful for.

I've made new friends, the kind I want in my life for years. A few old friendships have strengthened greatly. Unfortunately, the failing of my marriage seems to have caused a few of the old friendships to fall apart as well. It seems, in essence, some friends will divorce their friends, especially within the church, regardless of the reasoning behind a divorce. I pray for the new relationships as well as the old, that the new friendships will be of substance and the old ones will once again be. How wonderful to just sit and talk with a well-loved friend! May I never take my friendships for granted...

Well, there are my thoughts for the day... No backspacing this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Thanks Alexandra; and I'm glad you are as well...I need to learn to post blog links here so that I can post yours.
~Gretchen

6:05 PM, December 19, 2004  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home