Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm growing

This is from part of a response I sent in an email to someone. As I was finishing up the email, I thought I should share it here.

I can tell when God helps me...The peace in me is no doubt from Him, not from lil 'ole me. I am convinced that when people see me they see the evidence that I'm growing in the Lord.... They see the fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. I'm a much more "laid back" person ( I no longer gasp at the utterance of foul language) when it comes to unbelievers (1 Cor 5:12). And I'm more loving than I used to be to other Christians. My marriage fell apart and I was left to raise five children w/o my husband, even when I was "doing it all right" and I was hurt and angry and I fell apart and I cried and oft times I wanted to disappear. Despair made her name known to me. But I'd go through it all again if it meant becoming the kind of person that I believe I am now. And I'm excited to see what kind of person God is shaping me to be for His glory down the line. I've got a long way to go. There are intense spiritual struggles in my walk w/ things I've never faced, daily I see how huge my pride is...but God is sanctifying me. And ya know, that's the greatest thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home